General Building Rules and Regulations
Shorenstein strives to create the most positive environment possible for you and your employees. In order to maintain the positive business environment and minimize the interference by others, we anticipate your cooperation in observing the following Rules and Regulations prescribed by the Landlord.
- Nothing shall be attached to the outside walls of the Building. Other than Building standard blinds, no curtains, blinds, shades, screens or other obstructions shall be attached to or hung in or used in connection with any exterior window or entry door of the Premises, without the prior consent of Landlord.
- The grills, louvers, skylights, windows and doors that reflect or admit light and/or air into the Premises or Common Areas shall not be covered or obstructed by Tenant, nor shall any articles be placed on the window sills, radiators or convectors.
- Landlord shall have the right to prohibit any advertising by any Tenant which identifies the Building and, in Landlord's opinion, tends to impair the reputation of the Building, and upon written notice from Landlord, Tenant shall refrain from or discontinue such advertising.
- Common Areas shall not be obstructed or encumbered by any Tenant or used for any purposes other than ingress of egress to and from the Premises and for delivery of merchandise and equipment in a prompt and efficient manner, using elevators and passageways designated for such delivery by Landlord.
- All locks or bolts of any kind shall be operable by the Building's Master Key. Except as expressly provided in the Lease, no locks shall be placed upon any of the doors or windows by Tenant, nor shall any changes be made in locks or the mechanism thereof which shall make such locks inoperable by the Building's Master Key. Tenant shall, upon the termination of its Lease, deliver to Landlord all keys of stores, offices and lavatories, either furnished to or otherwise procured by Tenant and in the event of the loss of any keys furnished by Landlord, Tenant shall pay to Landlord the cost thereof.
- Tenant shall keep the entrance door to the Premises closed at all times.
- All movement in or out of any freight, furniture, boxes, crates or any other large object or matter of any description must take place during such times and in such elevators as Landlord may prescribe. Landlord reserves the right to inspect all articles to be brought into the Building and to exclude from the Building all articles which violate any of these Rules and Regulations or the Lease. Landlord may require that any person leaving the public areas of the Building with any article to submit a pass, signed by an authorized person, listing each article being removed, but the establishment and enforcement of such requirement shall not impose any responsibility on Landlord for the protection of any Tenant against the removal of property from the Premises.
- All hand trucks shall be equipped with rubber tires, side guards and such other safeguards as Landlord may require.
- No Tenant Party shall be permitted to have access to the Building's roof, mechanical, electrical or telephone rooms without permission from Landlord.
- Tenant shall not permit or suffer the Premises to be occupied or used in a manner offensive or objectionable to Landlord or other occupants of the Building by reason of noise, odors, and vibrations or interfere in any way with other tenants or those having business therein.
- Tenant shall not employ any person or persons other than the janitor of Landlord for the purpose of cleaning the Premises, unless otherwise agreed to by Landlord. Tenant shall not cause any unnecessary labor by reason of such Tenant's carelessness or indifference in the preservation of good order and cleanliness.
- Tenant shall store all its trash and recyclables within its Premises. No material shall be disposed of which may result in a violation of any Legal Requirement. All refuse disposal shall be made only though entryways and elevators provided for such purposes and at such times as Landlord shall designate. Tenant shall use the Building's hauler.
- Tenant shall not deface any part of the Building. No boring, cutting or stringing of wires shall be permitted, except with prior consent of Landlord, and as Landlord may direct.
- The water and wash closets, electrical closets, mechanical rooms, fire stairs and other plumbing fixtures shall not be used for any purposes other than those for which they were constructed and no sweepings, rubbish, rags, acids or other substances shall be deposited therein. All damages resulting from any misuse of the fixtures shall be borne by Tenant where a Tenant Party caused the same.
- Tenant, before closing and leaving the Premises at any time, shall see that all lights, water faucets, etc. are turned off. All entrance doors in the Premises shall be kept locked by Tenant when the Premises are not in use.
- No bicycles, in-line roller skates, vehicles or animals of any kind (except for Seeing Eye dogs) shall be brought into or kept by any Tenant in or about the Premises or the Building.
- Employees of Landlord or Landlord's Agent shall not perform any work or do anything outside of the regular duties, unless under special instructions from the office of Landlord or in response to any emergency condition.
- Tenant is responsible for the delivery and pick up of all mail from the United States Post Office.
- Landlord reserves the right to exclude from the Building during other than Ordinary Business Hours all persons who do not present a valid Building pass. Tenant shall be responsible for all persons for whom a pass shall be issued at the request of Tenant and shall be liable to Landlord for all acts of such persons.
- Landlord shall not be responsible to Tenant or to any other person or entity for the non-observance or violation of these Rules and Regulations by any other tenant or other person or entity. Tenant shall be deemed to have read these Rules and Regulations and to have agreed to abide by them as a condition to its occupancy of the Premises.
- The review/alteration of Tenant drawings and/or specifications by Landlord's Agent and any of its representatives is not intended to verify Tenant's engineering or design requirements and/or solutions. The review/alteration is performed to determine compatibility with the Building Systems and lease conditions. Tenant renovations must adhere to the Building's applicable Standard Operating Procedures and be compatible with all Building Systems.
Please note that the term 'Tenant’ as used in these Rules and Regulations includes its officers, agents, servants, employees, licensees, and invitees.
We invite you to learn how to implement your own emergency preparedness plans by using the resources from our PREP website.
LIFE SAFETY & SECURITY
Become familiar with the life safety information specific to your building and location. Sign in to Building Safety Solutions to view the multimedia presentation that will help you in a crisis event.